YPOL-DWF Claims Forum
Tuesday 27 November 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
Law courts’ attitudes to construction liability wordings and covers
Time: Registration 4pm
Forum: 4.30pm to 6pm, drinks and canapés will be served after the forum
ANZIIF CIP points: 1.5
- Simon Lusk, Director, YPOL – click here for Simon’s bio.
- Mat Holland, Claims Director, DWF Claims – click here for Mat’s bio.
The topic will be covered under two headings:
Named insured – cross liability to principals
- Who is the underwriter covering?
- Does the underwriter know all parties to whom cover has been promised under the policy?
- Total awareness of who is covered or has been promised cover enables you to price the policy accordingly.
Policy construction – operative clauses – conditions
- Courts appear to be interpreting to the operation’s benefit, notwithstanding the policy wording.
- Samples and claim explanations will amplify these topics.