YPOL-DWF Claims Forum
Tuesday 27 November @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
THIS EVENT IS INVITE ONLY
Attitudes of the law courts to construction liability wordings and covers
Time: Registration 4pm
Forum: 4.30pm to 6pm, drinks and canapés will be served after the forum
CPD points: 1.5
- Simon Lusk, Director, YPOL – click here for Simon’s bio.
- Mat Holland, Claims Director, DWF Claims – click here for Mat’s bio.
The topic will be covered under two headings:
A) Named insured – cross liability to principals
- Who is the underwriter picking up?
- Does the underwriter know all parties to whom cover has been promised under the policy ?
- Total awareness of who is covered or has been promised cover means you can price the policy accordingly.
B) Policy construction – operative clauses – conditions
- Courts appear to be interpreting to the benefit of the actual operation, notwithstanding the policy contract wording.
- Samples and claim explanations will amplify these topics.