Brisbane, UAC Afternoon Seminar
Thursday 17 May @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm| Free
Registration: Noon, light lunch served during registration
Session time: 12.30pm – 2pm
ANZIIF CIP points: 1.5
Speaker: Steven Donley, Senior Associate, Clyde & Co, Melbourne
Profile: Click here
Topic: The combustible cladding crisis: Implications for property and liability insurers
Ewa Cholinska, Senior Associate, Clyde & Co, Brisbane, will present on Qld-specific issues, such as the new chain-of-custody legislation.
Dr Paul Clancy, director, Sotera Pty Ltd, is a leading fire safety engineer who has given expert evidence in cladding matters.
The seminar will cover:
- How the combustible cladding problem arose
- Regulatory responses and reform proposals
- Property insurance issues – coverage for replacement, assessing premiums
- Liability insurance issues – builder, designer and certifier liability for cladding replacement
- Steven Donley will offer insights from his involvement in the Lacrosse apartment building fire litigation.